Tuesday 3 January 2012

First Review :) NYX The Carribean Collection - I Dream of St Lucia - Swatches and Look

Its January, the weather is terrible outside, and I would love to be on a beach somewhere in the Caribbean right now. So what better  time to get out my NYX palette 'I Dream of St Lucia', and write a review. The colours are bright and bold and they put me in a really summery mood. So lets get down to the review :)

Here it is...



You can see from the photo that the colours are really bright. The pink has shown up a bit more purple here, but it is more a pink in real life.

Here are the swatches that I took, I didn't use a primer when doing them, just onto bare skin.

As you can see, the orange and yellow are the most pigmented colours, although all are pretty pigmented. The green took two swatches to get to that colour in the picture, so did the blue. Yellow, pink and orange were all done with one swatch. The yellow is very pigmented, I think this is due to the fact that it is a frost finish. Orange is glittery and so is the pink, but not overly so. The green and blue are more matte.

This palette isn't necessarily for everyday wear, but you can mix and match them with neutrals to tone down the look a bit. I went ahead and did a look using all the colours, and it is definitely a summer holiday look. (Please excuse my blotchy skin, I don't have any foundation on in this pic) I used elf primer and NYX jumbo pencil in milk as a base.




I am loving this look, I will definitely be wearing it in the summer. The shadow was a bit more vivid in real life unfortunately, the pictures were taken off my phone camera.

Final thought

over all I think the NYX I Dream of St Lucia palette is great, and a must have if you aren't afraid colour. The price is very reasonable, I paid £8, and for the quality and pigmentation you cant go wrong. The only reason i knocked off one gem was because of the blue and green, but it doesn't take too much effort to get colour pay off from them. I will definitely be getting more eye shadows from NYX, I am very impressed by the brand. The only problem is which one do I try next?

Gem Rating
4/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...