Friday 6 January 2012

NYX Haul and Review: Jumbo pencil in milk, Smudge Brush and Luxor Swatch

NYX were having a 20% off promotion, so I couldn't resist getting a few items.The sale is on until Jan 10th here (UK)


I got:

• Caribbean Collection I Dream of St Lucia, which I have reviewed here £8*

• NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk £4.50*

• NYX Smudger Brush £5.50*

• NYX Single Eyeshadow in Luxor £4.50*

*Full price, I got 20% off in the boxing day sale*



NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk

I have wanted a white eyeliner for my waterline for a while now and have heard good reviews on the jumbo pencils so decided to give it a try, and i am really glad i did. The positive reviews are totally justified, it is in my everyday makeup bag now and I don't know what I did without it! The pencil goes on smoothly and lasts at least four hours, which I think is pretty decent as I have quite watery eyes.When used on my waterline it makes my eyes look brighter and more awake. I also like to use it on the inner v and on the brow bone as a highlight. I do gave quite pale skin though, and I an not sure I would use this as a highlight in the summer when I have a tan, because it is bright white. I also like to use it after a primer to make my eyeshadow more vibrant.

Gem Rating 5/5


NYX Single Eyeshadow in Luxor



This is a gorgeous colour purple and the formulation is buttery and easy to apply and blend. Used alone it is not the most pigmented but it is still pretty decent. I think it is best used with a primer, and when I use it with the jumbo pencil underneath its absolutely gorgeous. It can also be used over a black pencil for a darker look.



Top to bottom: Luxor with out primer, with elf primer, with NYX jumbo pencil in milk underneath, with black pencil underneath.

Gem Rating: 4/5

NYX Smudge Brush


I love this brush, it is great to use on the lower lash line and i also use it for more intricate crease work. It is quite a stiff brush which makes it perfect for smudging shadows and liners, and it is very small which also suits it purpose very well. I use this brush most days and would recommend it.

Gem Rating: 4/5

Overall Opinion
I am so pleased with everything I purchased, and would highly recommend them all, but I have got to say my favourites are the jumbo pencil in milk and the smudge brush. I cant wait to try out some more products from NYX, everything I have tried so far has been great.

Gemx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...