Tuesday 24 July 2012

Garnier Miracle Skin Daily All-in-One BBCream Oil Free Review






I had tried the original version of Garniers BB Cream and hated it, due to the fact that it left my face looking like an oil slick. I really wanted to love it as the coverage was great and the skin care properties really appealed to me. But alas it wasn't to be, my combination oily skin didn't like it and I just looked like a grease ball.

When I heard that Garnier had brought out an oil free version, I was so pleased. I hoped that it would be oily skin friendly and matte, but still with the great coverage of the original. I wasn't disappointed.

The consistency of the oil free version is a lot more watery than the original, so I wasn't expecting a lot of coverage but it does give great coverage. It dries to a matte finish on my skin, but didn't highlight my dry patches. I did make sure to moisturise before applying though.

It definitely blurred my imperfection as can be seen by the pictures below. The lasting power of this BB cream is great, I get about 6 hours wear before it fades, it doesn't go greasy at all on my skin even without powder. 


I love the matte finish of this BB cream. Its matte but not completely and still gives the skin a little glow. I tried it on my mum, who has good skin and it looked amazing on her. Her skin looked perfect, so I would recommend this to any skin type except maybe dry. 

Overall I am very pleased with this product. I love the fact that it is matte and has good coverage. I chose the light shade and the only thing that I am slightly disappointed with is the fact that it oxidises after about 5 minutes to a more orangey tone Its not full on orange but it the oxidation is noticeable. This is fine for me at the moment as I am still slightly tanned from my holidays ( and with a little help from St Tropez), but during the winter when I am extremely pale, I would find this a bit of a problem. For the time being though this has definitely taken the place of my foundation as the coverage is amazing.

So here are some before and after pictures, I had a nasty break out at the time of this picture so I apologize for the state of my skin in advance...



Rating 4/5

4 comments:

  1. That looks great.
    6 hours lasting power is pretty good. I don't know why, I assumed they'd last like 2, lol.

    I'm gonna give this a try, especially when I can't be bothered with foundation or am just doing errands. Thanks for the post! Gonna check it out next time I see it!

    http://itskerrysbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this one too. I wish the texture could be like the original (silly, I know, being oil free of course it won't be), but other than that it's a lovely product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I need to go out and pick up this product, haha. I have the original one and I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm on the lookout for a BB cram to try out and, like you, I have oily/combination skin. Deffo think I'll give this a try :)

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...