Saturday 28 July 2012

Real Techniques Eye Starter Set Review


real techniques starter set review



I love Real Techniques brushes. I own the Core Collection and the Stippling Brush and they are a staple in my make-up bag and I couldn't be without them now. So as it was my birthday I decided to get the Eye Starter Set as a little present to myself. I have been using these for four weeks now, so they have had a good test run.


In the set you get five brushes presented in a brush holder. I really like the brush holder, I use it to keep all my Real Technique brushes together its so handy. 


The brushes you get are:



  • Base Shadow Brush:  I use it for all over lid colour. Its a nice size and really soft. Its great to pack on colour on the lid and actually does this better than my beloved Too Faced brush. 
  • Deluxe crease brush: Again another big brush. I personally use this to blend shadows, not to apply colour to the crease as I find it too big. I use my Too Faced crease brush to apply colour to the crease and then this brush to blend.
  • Accent Brush: This is very similar to my NYX Smudge brush. It can be used for "precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging." I use it for all of the uses described and find it a great little brush.
  • Pixel- Point Eyeliner Brush: I like this brush for using a powder eye shadow as an eyeliner. I wouldn't use it for gel liner as I already have a brush that I use for that, (the one that came with Maybelline Gel Eyeliner). 
  • Brow Brush: This brush is nice and soft and great for applying powder to the eyebrows. It does seem a little big but I find it still does the job well. 
Overall I love these brushes. They are great quality, wash easily and are a good price. They are also 100% cruelty free. You can buy Real Techniques Brushes at Boots, and this set retails at £21.99.

Do you own any Real Techniques brushes?

Gem x

5 comments:

  1. These brushes are awesome. I really want to try the Core Collection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you must try the core collection. Well worth the money in my opinion :) x

      Delete
  2. I LOVE my blush brush, best one I've ever had. Get such an even sweep of colour x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so badly want to try these brushes! I really want the travel set I think its called, but would love this set as well. I found you via the bloggers unite blog hop :) Looking forward to future posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these too and use them daily :) I hardly ever use the deluxe crease brush, don't really understand what it would be good to use for, except for concealer.. i don't like it as a blending brush either :/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...