Friday 2 November 2012

St Tropez Gradual Tan Mousse Review





Hairtrade.com is one of the UK's leading online retailers of hair extensions hair care and beauty products. Today I am reviewing the St. Tropez Gradual Tan Mousse (120ml) which is available from Hair Trade for £13.99 here.


I tend to go through phases where I am either embracing pale, or loving the sun kissed look. I am a bit of a fake tan hoarder and  I am forever on the look out for my 'holy grail' fake tan.

I find that my arms and upper body take extremely well to the tan and I have no problems, but my legs are a nightmare. I am not sure why but they seem to repel fake tan and very few brands I have tried work well on them. St. Moriz is a no-no for my legs, they look like an orange zebra when I use this budget brand. This is where St. Tropez comes in, sometimes, sadly for my wallet, higher end really does mean higher quality.

Review...

The mousse comes nicely packaged in your standard pump-style bottle. I find it to dispense the perfect amount to allow you to control how much you put on. I use two pumps for each arm and four pumps for my legs (see above).

The mousse is a joy to use, I have owned the lotion in the past and for me, the mousse wins hands down. I have mentioned that I am a fake tan hoarder/expert, and I have used every technique under the sun to apply it, from mitt to bare hands. My favourite method is to use disposable gloves. As I am so pale, I need to use them for a gradual tan too or else my hands may end up a little orange.

The mousse sinks in and dries very quickly so you are free to get dressed and go about your business quickly, without having to wait for your tan to dry. It has a lovely floral smell to it which I love. After about an hour I did detect a very slight smell of biscuits  but nothing too bad and it was gone when I woke up the next day.

After one application I was left with what I would call a 'winter glow'. I was very nicely subtly bronzed. I was pleased with the result and would have left it at that for winter, but as I was testing this product for my blog, I decided to go for the full on bronze.

I used the product again for the second night in a row and woke up a darker shade of tan, and then after the third application I was fully bronzed.

I found the colour to look really natural, no orange here. I also had no streaks whatsoever and to my absolute delight my legs were perfect!

I would thoroughly recommend this gradual tan to anyone, especially those who have a problem like me with applying it without it going streaky. It lasted a full week on me after application and faded nicely with a little help from exfoliation.

Do you love or loathe fake tan?

Gem x




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...