Saturday 15 December 2012

My Favourite Make up Brushes: Face Brushes





Following on from my last post  which you can read here, here are my favorite make up brushes for my face.

As you can see, I love the Real Techniques Core Collection. Before I got it, I was mainly using my fingers to apply foundation. It totally converted me to using brushes for my foundation and now I will never go back to using my fingers again.

Flat Top Kabuki Brush from Poundland: I got this brush in Poundland and didn't have high hopes for it at all, but it turned out to be great. It is very dense and I use it to apply finishing powder. It does shed a little, and isn't really soft, but it does a great job and for a pound I can over look these little problems.

Real Techniques Contour Brush: I use this as my blush brush. Its the perfect size to be a little more precise with blush positioning, which I like. Its also great to use with a contour powder on the cheeks and temples.

Real Techniques Stippling Brush: I love this brush for applying cream blush and also to stipple foundation over areas on my face that needs a little more coverage.

Real Techniques Buffing Brush: Available in the Core Collection, this brush really does deserve all the hype it gets. It applies my foundation quickly and evenly. Its also great for blending blush when I have been a little too heavy handed.

What are your favourite make up brushes?

Gem x

10 comments:

  1. I have my eye on a Topshop highlighter and of course I have to get the stippling brush to go with it :-) Fingers crossed that Santa brings me the Core Collection!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh these Real Technique brushes are just teasing me everywhere I turn! lol :)

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poundland brush sounds amazing. you really can't go wrong with RT. such amazing brushes. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try Real Techniques brushes now! The buffing brush sounds fantastic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard lots of good things about the Real Techniques brushes- really want to buy the core collection set now! Rosy x http://rostinted.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got the Core Collection for Christmas, can't wait to finally have some decent makeup brushes! Not going to lie - I've always used my hands to apply foundation, and haven't liked the finish I got on the rare occasion that I did use a brush, but I'm pretty sure that's because I only ever used rubbish ones, haha. Looking forward to trying it with a good quality brush.
    Mel x

    melswallofmirrors.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only have MAC ones. I'm happy with them though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my favorite brushes would have to be Real Techniques then Sigma! I haven't tried any MAC but I also enjoy my Coastal Scents now and then!

    Check out my blog at: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I reallyy love these :) I have the blush brush, multi tasker, starter set & shading eyeshadow brush x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have you tried the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush? I used to swear by the Stippling brush but this is WAY better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...