Friday 1 February 2013

Rimmel Apocalips Nova Review and Swatch

 


I was intrigued by Rimmels latest lip product offering, Apocalips. Described as a lip lacquer that stays put all day, I couldn't resist and had to buy one. After swatching all the colours, I decided on Nova - a blue toned, Barbie pink colour.

To find out my thoughts on Rimmel Apocalips, and for more pictures and swatches, read on. My thoughts are also summarized in bold at the end of the post.







Firstly, it doesn't last all day on my lips at all. The gloss element of the product lasts no more than two hours, and this is without drinking or eating. I am then left with a slight stain to my lips which lasts about 4 hours before disappearing completely. 

There is a strong smell of watermelon to the product. I really like this but I know some people are not fans of heavily scented products. The price, like all Rimmel products is very reasonable. 

The colour is gorgeous, though not one which I would be able to wear during the day time as it is a little more 'in your face' than what it seemed in the tube and swatched on my hand. They glide on easily and are really comfortable to wear and didn't dry out my lips at all. 

Pros:
Gorgeous colours
Really comfortable to wear
Non-drying
Great price

Cons
Not very long lasting

Overall I like this product, it is somewhere between a lipstick and a gloss, or maybe a combination of the two. However for me it does not live up to the claims of being long wearing, which is slightly disappointing. I think I may pick up one more colour, Luna, it looks gorgeous. 

Have you bought into the hype and got any Apocalips?

Gem x


3 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty color! I haven't noticed these in the drugstore but I do love their Stay Glossy lip glosses!

    katiechamel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked two of these up today. I LOVED Nova but had to pass it up, couldn't justify another bright pink lip product. I did get Luna though, it's gorgeous! Also picked up Stellar - can't wait to make my first look with them!
    Nova is gorgeous on your skin tone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shade is really nice on you! I wish they weren't only released in the UK lol!

    abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...