Friday 15 February 2013

Seventeen Doll'd Up Mascara Review

I picked up this mascara from Boots the other day, along with a few other bits (which you can see here). It came with a free Doll'd Up eye liner which is an eye liner that creates 3 dots which you are meant to apply to the roots of your eyelashes to make them look fuller. I will review that separately.

The mascara is meant to give you doll like lashes that have amazing volume and curl. I have very straight lashes that never hold a curl, so the curling effect didn't work for me. It did make my lashes look fuller and longer, but not amazingly so. It did look amazing on my bottom lashes though.

I like dramatic lashes, so I always use two coats. One coat of this mascara looked nice and natural, and would be great for people who like the natural lash look. With two coats, my lashes looked more dramatic, but did turn a little spidery. It really elongated my bottom lashes, and I think I will be using this on them when I wear false lashes.

It didn't clump or flake at all, and I do think that for the price of £5.99 you could do a lot worse than this mascara.

Pros
Great brush
Doesn't clump
Doesn't flake
Good price

Cons
Makes lashes look slightly spidery with two coats
Isn't as good as other drug store mascaras

My favourite mascara is still Soap and Glory Thick and Fast, which you can see reviewed and on my lashes here.





Gem x

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this mascara! I have been a Maybelline girl for many years, but now for me this is the mascara I will be using! I really like it on my lashes! Heres my review :http://www.dolledupbeauty.co.uk/seventeen-dolld-up-mascara/#.USKnUHNFDIU

    Such a shame you didn't like this too much, saying that Blogs would be boring if we all had the same opinions :-)

    www.dolledupbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good mascara for the price, although I would probably stick to my normal mascara if available. Not like I need any more atm, I have 10! :/

    Futures; a Beauty & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...