Sunday 24 March 2013

Sunday Bloggers Interview #9

This Sunday, I am lucky enough to have the lovely Shona from Fresh BeautyXOX taking part in Sunday Bloggers Interview. I have been a reader of Shonas blog for nearly a year I think. She is only 15 but has such a mature writing style and is a lovely person. She has health problems but always seems to have such a positive attitude, I find her quite inspiring. I highly recommend you go check out her blog!

-------------------------------------------------------------------



1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a kind of side thing to my youtube, which I have since deleted. At first it was just for swatches and little posts etc but it soon started to grow and now I adore blogging. I realised blogging was where my heart belonged and I wouldn't look back, I'm glad I can focus just on my blog now.

2. What is your favourite part of blogging?
One of my favourite things is taking the photos, I love photography! But I also love how I can talk to people on twitter and blogger about my love for beauty as my friends and family just aren't interested! Also the majority of people are lovely and I have made some great friends via blogging and I can't wait to meet some of them in the future.

3. What are your favourite makeup brands?
MUA is a fond favourite of mine and has been since this beauty addiction started! Some of the brands that I have loved along the way though are Revlon, Maybelline, Essie and Maybelline. The majority of my makeup collection is drugstore but I've just tried a product from MAC, Urban Decay and Smashbox and I'm impressed!

4. What are your top 5 all time favourite beauty products?
This is usually a difficult question to answer but I have my best of 2012 post to help me! Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, this has been a firm favourite of mine for a while and its just fab for under my eyes! MUA Intense Kisses Lip glosses, I can't pick a certain shade but these are the best lipglosses I have used, super pigmented and not sticky! Naked2 palette, the pigmentation of the eye shadows is unbelievable and this is the perfect neutrals palette for me. Sleek Matte Palettes, this is a recent buy but I am already in love, I really like matte shades and the sleek ones are super pigmented for the price. Lastly my Johnsons Daily Essentials 24hr Day Cream, this is great for my dry skin and is the best moisturiser I've ever used.

5. Do you have any beauty tips you swear by?
 I have a few I've learnt through blogging. Firstly if your nail polish is gloopy put it in the fridge overnight, it won't always work but it has helped me a few times. Also its not an amazing tip but curling your lashes can really open your eyes, I hate using mascara without curling my lashes first!

                               -------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much to Shona for taking part, dont forget to stop by her blog freshbeautyxox.blogspot.com

Gem x

2 comments:

  1. Wow what a great idea to interview other bloggers - I love interviews like this because you really get a sense of the person.
    Great blog from a fellow Cardiff based blogger

    laura x
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love finding out everyones beauty favourites and tips

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...