Sunday 28 April 2013

Sunday Bloggers Interview #11


Sunday Bloggers is back, and today I have the lovely Lisa from Topaz and May answering my beauty questions. Lisa's blog is a great mix of beauty and style and I have been a follower of her blog since I first started out blogging about a year ago. I highly recommend you go check her blog out here! Along with the content being great, I absolutely adore the design of her blog.

------------------------------------------------------------------------





1. Why did you start blogging?

I've always loved writing and I've always wanted to write a blog but struggled with what to write about. I tried one about films but realised I'd much rather do fashion and beauty and it just went from there! I had a bit of a push from Kat over at jemimaandted.com as well and I've never looked back!

2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?

I love having something I can come home to after work and just enjoy getting stuck into. I love trying new products out and discovering ones I'd never thought to try before. I also love reading other blogs, it's better (and more addictive) than most magazines!

3. What are your favourite make-up brands?

I'm loving Rimmel at the moment. Their "Wake Me Up" range is really affordable and such good quality. I'm also love 17 as well. For higher end I've recently become a little addicted to MAC products. Amazing products, but a bit pricey!

4. What are your top 5 all time favourite beauty products (hair, makeup, skin, etc)

Eek that's a hard one! I would probably say Batiste Dry Shampoo as I cannot live without this stuff, my Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush from the US, its a tad pricey but so worth it, 17's Mirror Shine On Lipstick is a really affordable everyday lippie, Essies's nail varnishes without a doubt and La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo at the moment is keeping my skin firmly under control!

5. Do you have any beauty tips to share?

Use what works for you. I've tried so many different things that others have raved about and they just haven't suited me, and then I find things obscure and they're perfect for what I want. Try things you wouldn't usually go for, be a bit brave. Beauty is supposed to be fun!

-------------------------------------------------------

A huge thanks to Lisa for taking part, I need to try out the 17 Lipsticks they sound right up my street. If you would like to take part, please email me at gembeauty@hotmail.co.uk or click the page link at the top of my blog :)

Gem x

3 comments:

  1. Loved reading that hun, great interview and now off to check out the blog in question xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love reading these types of posts. Feel free to email me if you would like to take part, always looking for more people
      Gem x

      Delete
  2. Did you get my email about taking part? Holly x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...